Lamptek Maintenance Tips - How to get the most out of your projector.
Depending upon how your projector is handled, or serviced etc, will determine how long your lamp will function for. There are steps you can take to ensure you get the best performance from your projector. Modern projectors may have a built-in timer to keep track of how long the lamp has been in use. The timer will eventually reach a certain point and display a message on your projector screen, or you may notice, over time, the lamp is not as brilliant as it was when you first installed it. These are warning indicators that you may have to start considering buying a new lamp.
How to preserve my projector lamp performance:
1. Never unplug your projector immediately. Most projectors have an internal fan that continues to run even though it’s been switched off. Always allow it to cool down before unplugging. We suggest you leave it plugged in for at least 15 minutes before unplugging.
2. Avoid switching the projector on and off repeatedly, this can cause the lamp to fail prematurely.
3. Avoid moving the projector when it’s in use, or cooling down after use. Hot lamps are very fragile, any shock movement or vibration may cause the lamp filament to break.
4. Clean your projector on a regular basis. Especially the filter, blocked filters can make the lamp overheat and fail far sooner than they should normally. Always ensure the power cord is disconnected before attempting to clean any part of the projector. Use a vacuum cleaner and the use of compressed air to blow out any trapped dust and debris. Change the filter if it cannot be cleaned. Lamptek can supply pretty much all makes/brands of replacement filters.
5. Use economy mode whenever possible, this can considerably extend the life of the lamp.
6. Never obstruct any air vents, and ensure there is sufficient space around the projector for air to enter, and leave, the projector.
7. Never touch any part of the bulb with bare hands. Oil and deposits on your hands and fingers can result in hot spots, which will lead to early lamp failure.